Note: This has been unfinished in my drafts for a long time so the dates are messed up, it's quite a few Fridays ago now.
The Friday before the one that just passed (it's Monday so it's confusing), I found out Patchie had a bloody wound on her bum, near her poopie hole. It was quite, quite bloody and naturally I was really worried and heartbroken. The next day I brought her to the vet and stayed at home to take care of her instead of going to church, which is what I usually do on Saturdays.
Patchie's vet recently moved to a new place so it's bigger and nicer now. I do really like her vet but I don't like having a reason to bring Patchie there because it's never good when you have to see your doctor. I do bring her for checkups and vaccinations once or twice a year though. Other than that I really don't want to have to bring her there.
Here's Patchie having her little bum checked. Apparently what she had was an anal gland abscess. I shan't go into the details of what it is, but if you're interested you can Google to read more about it. I don't recommend googling the photos of it though, might be quite bloody. The vet says it can happen to any dog or cat, and you can't really prevent it, which is quite worrisome.
Anyway, the vet gave Patchie an antibiotic injection because I told her she hates it when I try to feed her pills and she gets really upset when I force her. Patchie's pretty good with injections, she doesn't flinch or anything. I think when she was a kitten and I brought her for her first vaccination (third vaccine for her but first after I got her since they gave her two before putting her up for adoption) when she was more or less 4 months old, she did make a "ow" sound but that was the only time and she was still a tiny baby.
After that the vet gave her an Elizabethan collar aka cone of shame and said to leave it on for at least five days. She also gave me antiseptic with instructions to clean Patchie's wound twice a day.
She hated that cone. It made her so miserable that it made me upset too, seeing her like that. Patchie was really cooperative when I wanted to clean her wound though. It obviously hurt because she always flinched, but she never made any sound and never moved away, she just let me clean it.
Patchie had the cone on for a week because I got home from church the Saturday after, and apparently my mom had removed the cone that afternoon. She was so happy and I'm happy that she's my happy baby again. Now she's just bald where the wound was because her fur there had fallen off. Shall not include a photo of that because her poopie hole is just beside where the wound was. She might sue me.
Little miserable baby but here's happy Patchie again!
Labels: baby, meow, Patchie, vet